Aderans Co., Ltd. (hereinafter "we" or the "Company") believes that our customers' trust in us is the greatest asset of the Company and the Company places the customers' satisfaction on the highest level of priority in meeting its business goals. In keeping with these principles, the Company is committed to protecting customers' personal information in the manner described herein while endeavoring to ensure the supply of safe and reliable services and products along with continuous efforts to improve their quality. Personal information referred to in this handling policy does not mean individual numbers or personal information that includes individual numbers (hereinafter “specific personal information, etc.”). For the specific personal information, etc., we will strive to protect them according to the provisions in the “Handling Policy of Specific Personal Information, etc.”
1. Collection of Personal Information
When our services are used by customers, we may collect their personal information such as their names, addresses, telephone numbers, birth dates and email addresses as well as information relevant to their transactions with the Company. Such information may be collected through reception sheets filled out upon customers' visit to our shops, application forms for various services made available by the Company, forms of agreement with the Company or through its websites, etc. When customers make an inquiry by telephone, there may be circumstances in which we may record the calls to the extent necessary to accomplish the purposes of use specified in this Policy. Please note that our telephones are equipped with a caller ID display so that we can return the calls of our customers in a timely and appropriate manner whenever necessary.
2. Collection Purpose and Use of Personal Information
The personal information that we collect from our customers may be used for the following specific purposes while personal information of our employees may be used solely for the purposes of employment and human resource management. Neither the customers' information nor the employees' information will be collected or used beyond the scope necessary to accomplish the stated purposes.
The personal information may be used:
- To exercise the Company's rights or perform the Company's obligations under any agreements with the customers relating to our products or under applicable laws, regulations or guidelines, etc.;
- To provide the customers via direct mail, email or telephone, etc. with information about a variety of products, events, campaigns or services related to the business of the Company, which may be made available by the Company or through its business partners who have entered into a specified service agreement with the Company that contains the provisions on the duty of confidentiality and the handling of personal information;
- To check the conformity of credit card customers with the requirements for the credit card transactions or verify the validity of credit cards to be used, or to manage accounts receivables;
- To carry out surveys for the purpose of improving the Company's services;
- To collect and analyze data for the purpose of improving the Company's services; or
- To achieve other purposes contemplated in connection with the collection of personal information.
3. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
The contents of any website of any third party linked from/to this website (hereinafter “linked websites”) are not controlled by the Company. Therefore, the Company assumes no responsibility for any loss resulted from the contents or use of the linked websites.
The personal information collected by the Company will not be provided or disclosed to any third party except in the following cases:
- Where customers consent to the provision or disclosure of the information (including the cases where the consent is given on the Company's website);
- Where the information is used after it is processed into a personally unidentifiable format;
- Where the information is required to be provided or disclosed pursuant to applicable laws or regulations;
- Where it is necessary for the Company to cooperate with a governmental agency, a local government, or any person acting on their behalf, in performing the duties prescribed by applicable laws or regulations, and in which obtaining a customer's consent is likely to impede the performance of the said duties;
- Where the provision or disclosure of the information is necessary for the protection of the life, body or property of a person and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer who supplied the information;
- Where the Company is requested by a credit card issuer to look into a fraudulent use of a credit card;
- Where the Company engages a third party service provider, who has entered into a service agreement with the Company that contains provisions on the duty of confidentiality and the handling of personal information, to handle personal information within the scope necessary to accomplish the purposes of use specified to customers. The Company will supervise such service providers in an appropriate manner; or
- Where the information is shared with other parties in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth herein.
4. Sharing of Personal Information with Other Parties
To the extent necessary for the purposes set forth in paragraph 2 above, the Company may share personal information of our customers and employees with our subsidiaries in Japan and abroad (including indirectly owned as well as wholly owned subsidiaries), under the management and responsibility of Aderans Co., Ltd., the Company, which is located at 1-6-3 Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-8429, Japan.
5. Disclosure or Correction of Personal Information
If customers request the Company to disclose, correct or suspend the use of their personal information, we will appropriately respond to such request in accordance with the procedures established by the Company and in compliance with the Personal Information Protection Act and other related laws, regulations and guidelines, etc. For any such request, please contact us at the contact point referred to below.
6. Management of Personal Information
In order to protect and ensure the accuracy and safety of personal information, we will take and maintain all reasonable security measures to prevent unauthorized access to or loss, destruction, falsification or leakage of personal information in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act and other related laws, regulations and guidelines, etc. As part of such security measures, the Company is implementing the following controls on an ongoing basis to prevent unauthorized access to or loss, destruction, falsification or leakage of personal information or personal history on the Company's website.
- Security during transmission
All personal information submitted by customers will be encrypted using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology, which will ensure the security of personal information while it is being transmitted.
- A number of strict measures are being taken to protect personal information and personal history of customers, which include strict firewall settings that control and prevent unauthorized access to such information.
- Measures against computer viruses
To protect against computer viruses, all possible measures are being taken including scanning of all computers in use with anti-virus programs.
If you have any opinions or questions about the handling of personal information by the Company, please contact us at the following contact point.
1-6-3 Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
Customer Service Center, Aderans Co., Ltd.: (Tel) 0120-03-9696
The contact point will be available between the hours of 10:00 am to 06:30 pm on Monday through Friday,
and between 09:00 am to 05:30 pm on Saturday, Sunday and holidays
(except during the period of year-end and new year holidays from December 30 to January 4).
When customers visit our website, we may send cookies and store them on the hard drive of the customers' computers. Cookies are pieces of data that allow us to recognize the computers the next time the customers visit us and are used to facilitate their navigation on the website. We use these cookies only for the purposes set forth in paragraph 2 above.
Customers can choose to refuse the receipt of cookies by changing the settings on their browser (internet browsing software) but in this case the customers may be prevented from using all or part of our website or of the services provided through the website in a proper manner.
9. Disclaimer Regarding Links
Updated in December 2015.